Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Love Yourself!

Hair! The Hundreds, if not thousands of dollars some of us spend on our hair a year. But do you realize that its not just the dyeing, or the brushing wrong, or not getting trims that is ruining your hair..
Its Your Shampoo. Have you ever looked at the ingredients in your shampoo? Well I'm going to point out 1 for you, and this one might be enough to change your shampoo.
SLS-Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
"This inexpensive detergent is commonly used in cosmetic cleansers, hair shampoos, bath gels, bubble baths, etc. - In the cleaning industry SLS is used in garage floor cleaners, engine degreasers, car-wash soaps, etc. It is very corrosive and readily attacks greasy surfacesIt is probably the most dangerous ingredient used in skin and hair-care products."
SLS is known to have many effects that can potentially be detrimental to our health. Among the possible dangers are the following
The AJT report states that "Other studies have indicated that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate enters and maintains residual levels in the heart, the liver, the lungs and the brain from skin contact.>>that is some crazyness!
Its has also been linked to hair thinning, and baldness.
So why do we use it?? Well first off its Cheap! Ha go figure. Second It creates bubbles! That's right Bubbles.. For years we have seen shampoo commercials, and it always has 1 thing, a ton of suds on the head. Like a big white fluffy cloud. Needless to say we have been programed to think, the more bubbles the better..
Wrong! bubbles has nothing to do with cleansing, in fact to many bubbles is a sign of to much soap.

So we have this Agent, that is used to degrease vehicles, and has a numerous of side affect, >Good Times!
So now you might be wondering, why in the world would our Govt allow that?? answer :$$$..Second Q's, why doesn't anyone care??..2 part answer, A. $$ B. They don't know! That is why I'm sharing this with you. So you too can know.
OK how I came across this...
Ill be honest, I was sick of my beautiful red hair looking faded, flat, and lifeless. I wanted that bounce you see in magazines, so I went on the hunt. I then came across this. and boy oh boy did I get more than I bargained for. Not only did i save my hair, I could have saved my life, and not to mention my kids eyes.
Since using a SLS free shampoo my hair is like night and day, and I get compliments on it all the time. Go ahead and give it a shot, what do you have to loose... Well if you don't change quite possibly your hair, or even worse your vision.

List of shampoo/conditioners
@ your local walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/L-oreal-Paris-Everpure-Moisture-Shampoo-Rosemary-Juniper-Sulfate-Free-Color-Care-System-8.5-fl-oz/10996782
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Livin-The-Dream-Sulfate-Free-Shampoo/14574745
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Burt-s-Bees-Baby-Bee-Tear-Free-Shampoo-And-Wash-8-fl-oz/10451625

You can also go to your local Salon, and if you really want Google SLS free shampoo!
Cant wait to see how much you Love your Hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment