Monday, October 11, 2010

Love laundry?

I am in the moment of "fall cleaning". Living in a city that gets all four seasons, I must switch out my closet to accommodate the weather. In a perfect world I would have a huge closet to hold all of my clothes,
unfortunately the perfect closet is not in my cards at this moment.
Back to the point.. I'm now bringing out my tons of sweaters in an array of colors, I love my sweaters due to my cold blooded nature. But sweaters can get pricey, luckily I take care of my clothes. The sweater I bought 3 years ago look the same as the ones I bought this year.
So I am here to share my tricks of the trade with you. You too can keep that sweater that keeps you warm and cozy, and looks Awesome on, in the best shape possible.
1.Wash inside out
2. Cold Water
3. Gentle Cycle
4. Add a cup of vinegar, keeps the color rich.
5. Softener, keeps the softness
6. DO NOT DRY! get a hang line and evenly lay it over the line, or a drying mat (its mesh fabric stretched over piping in a square shape) Drying ruins everything, fades it, shrinks it, & ruins the softness.
7. FOLD! Do not hang on a hanger in the closet. just as important as not drying. it causes the shoulders and neck to stretch, & no on wants that.
8. Wash as needed, if you only wear it for a couple hours, no need to wash. Over washing can ruin anything.

Well there you go. I hope this method works as good for you as it has for me. Don't be a stranger to color dye, no mater how good you are to clothes, dark will fade eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment