Sunday, September 26, 2010

Love My Church

So Sunday is Church day. A day to go to Gods house, worship our Maker, and rest in His peace. This has been our typical Sunday for the last 6 years. You would think it would start to wear out its welcome, but I tell you what, its the only day of the week I look forward too, and the only day of the week that can guarantee its self  to always be different. So we attend a fairly large church, it brings in about 3,000, quite a change from our last of 300. I Love never seeing the same people twice, keeps it fun and interesting. Something I would not have enjoyed as much a few years back, but being a big city girl at heart we tend to crave large crowds. Did I mention it cuts way down on the gossip, don't no about you but that is appealing in its self.
We now attend a non-denominational Christian church, and have been here about 6 weeks. Before here we were at a small and quaint Assembly's church where I was saved, and  we grew, and was blessed to learn about ministry. It was definitely a life altering time in my life. But life started to change, and we entered into a new season. My husband and I decided that it was that time to take what we learned and use our Gifts at another church. So here we are. Church shopping is not easy at all. We tried 4 churches, all different visions and denomination, and yet we kept coming back to this one. Well doing what we were taught we prayed, got the green light, and plugged in. We absolutely Love our decision. Our Boys love there classes (which was my biggest fear since all they new was our old church) And we joined a small group with people our age and in our walk of life. Now what appealed to me about a large church was not running into the same people twice, but i cannot push how important it is to make personal relationships, to do that you must join a small group. A group that meets outside of "Sunday church"(crazy right, church other than Sunday!) So having a core group around you is great. They keep you accountable, they give you a shoulder, and most of all they pray for you. 3 very important things. Well enough about our move..since this will be my Sunday blog it will always be about the Lord/church etc. Today Id like to share with you some neat little facts about "church" :
*Tom Rainer shares that through a poll he has learned 2 facts:
1.People choose a church due to who is preaching, BUT
2.They stay because of the people.
Hmm interesting, I guess the body is more important than they think...
With that id like to end with the importance of your attitude, you truly never no who is watching, and who's life it actually affects.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment