Saturday, October 2, 2010

Love News

Sister Wives investigated..

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/29/earlyshow/living/parenting/main6910812.shtml

So I did some research, and please correct me if im wrong, on why polygamy is illegal.
"The Supreme Court based its rejection of polygamy on the claim that the United States is a Christian nation. In the nineteenth century, it was a legal commonplace to claim that Christianity was part of the common law of the United States."
I will clear this up I am not for polygamy. But I am a fan of the law treating all equal. I am confused. Its not ok to have multiple wives, and multiple children living in the same home, taking care of them, not living off the state, & giving them a "5" parent home (lol).
But it is ok to have multiple girl friends, flings, or one night stands; and multiple illegitimate children, yet not caring in the slightest bit because the state will take care of it, "its not my problem its her problem she had it" mentality. Or HI anyone remember OctoMom. Don't see anyone arresting her. What about legalizing Gay marriage.. I don't think any of those examples listed are anywhere near "Christianity".
I Love the Lord, and I Love his word, and I do all I can to uphold his word; But come on, this nation is so twisted. If your going to set a law based on Christianity, then you better uphold every inch of it. We all see what good it is to only uphold a fraction. And if my calculations are right, polygamy is really the only law left that's tied to the bible now isn't it, even murderers can get off scot free..If your gonna pick on people, pick on the ones that by removing them, can actually better society.
Maybe they should start by un-legalizing marijuana, just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment